Legal Work Experience
Attorney — Williams & Rome, L.L.C. (2009 – Present)
As an attorney in a small firm, Rome is responsible for the day-to-day management of the business as well as the prosecution of the firm’s clients’ claims. Williams & Rome, L.L.C. is a general practice firm focusing on in family law, successions and estates, personal injury, small business law, and civil litgation.
Law Clerk — 34th Judicial District Court, Division D (2007 – 2018)
Rome’s time as a law clerk for the Honorable Kirk A. Vaughn put the finishing touches on his legal education. While there, he learned the practical side of the legal process and sharpened his legal reasoning and writing skills. His duties included digesting and outlining upcoming cases to prepare the judge for hearings, writing legal memoranda and judicial opinions, and assisting attorneys and members of the public with matters in his division.
Other Work Experience
Lead Developer — Straylight Development, LLC (2008 – 2012)
Rome is the founder and lead developer for Straylight Development, LLC. The company develops mobile, web-based, and desktop applications for small and mid-sized businesses in the New Orleans Area. He is responsible for the management of the business, organizing each project, and the bulk of the company’s web design and Ruby-on-Rails web application development.
Systems Manager — Loyola University New Orleans (2005 – 2006)
As Systems Manager, Rome was responsible for the planning, deployment, maintenance, and administration of the Undergraduate Research Lab for Loyola University’s Computer Science Department. He was also responsible for the maintenance and administration of the Department’s Sun Microsystems Visualization Lab.
- American Arbitration Association — 40-hour Mediator Training, 2015
- Tulane University Law School — J.D., certificate in civil law 2009
- Loyola University New Orleans — B.S. Computer Science, minor Poli. Sci. 2006
- Andrew Jackson Fundamental Magnet High School — 2002
Publications and Presentations
- Gregory W. Rome and Stephan Kinsella, Louisiana Civil Law Dictionary (2011).
- Gregory W. Rome and Gil Guillory, “A Call for Mediation Casebooks,” presented at the March 2010 Austrian Scholars Conference at the Ludwig von Mises Institute in Auburn, Alabama.
- Gregory W. Rome, “An Elegy for Emphyteusis,” 1 Civil Law Commentaries 2, 1 (2008).
Professional Memberships & Admissions
- Admitted to practice in all Louisiana state courts
- Admitted to practice in all federal courts in Louisiana and in the U.S. Supreme Court
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- LSBA House of Delegates, Member (2015–2019)
- Registered Mediator (2016–2018)
- St. Bernard Bar Association
- St. Bernard Chamber of Commerce
- New Orleans Federalist Society
- American Welding Society Certified Welder (SMAW 1G)
- Leadership St. Bernard, Class of 2018
- Kiwanis Club of St. Bernard-Arabi—Board of Directors (2017—Present)
- Batture Park, Inc. Charitable Foundation—Board of Directors (2016–Present)
- St. Bernard Parish Library Board of Control—Former Vice-President and President (2013–Present)
- Lynn Oaks School Board of Directors—Treasurer (2012–Present)
- Eagle Scout and Adult Leader—Troop 84, Violet (1996–2007)
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church
- Los Isleños Heritage & Cultural Society
- National Wild Turkey Federation
- Andrew Jackson Lodge No. 428, F&AM
- Jerusalem Shriners